christmas in the home exhibition agreement and indemnity
As Trueblue Communications and Events, we have done everything in our power to create, set up and manage a safe and secure Christmas in the Home event for 2023. To this end, we have secured the services of reputable and appropriately registered suppliers which cover services such as on-site Medical and Emergency care, Security, Electricity and Set-up and Breakdown of infrastructure.
We ask of you, our vendors, to pay similar attention to your own actions, health and safety during this event.
We have done what we can. We now also ask for you to play your part in making this event a safe and secure success for all concerned.
Christmas in the Home will be presented by Trueblue Communication & Events (the Event Producer), at Fairview Centre, in Port Elizabeth / Gqeberha on: Friday 8 December 2023 (09:00 – 17:00), Saturday 9 December 2023 (09:00 – 16:00), and Sunday 10 December 2023 (09:00 – 15:00).
The Exhibitor intends to participate in the Event.
It is agreed as follows:
- The Exhibitor will participate in the Event subject to the conditions hereof.
- The Exhibitor acknowledges that his / her exhibition stand space is only confirmed if the full outstanding amount is settled within two weeks after receiving confirmation from the Organisers.
- Should the Exhibitor cancel his / her stand during or after this two week period, the total outstanding amount is still due. In other words – once you have selected your stand, payment is due even if you cancel the stand.
- Any payments made to Trueblue Communication & Events are non-refundable.
- The Exhibitor will be entitled to the allocated exhibition stand for the duration of the Event and will keep the exhibition accessible (trade) to the public daily during the published trading times.
- The Exhibitor will only sell / exhibit products which have been approved by the Christmas in the Home Selection Committee.
- The Exhibitor will remove any items from the exhibit which may not have been cleared with the Christmas in the Home Selection Committee prior to the event.
- Any profit or loss made by the Exhibitor during the Event is for his / her own account.
- If the Exhibitor chooses to book an individual stand, the Exhibitor will have to man the stand for the duration of the event, and shoppers will pay them directly for items purchased.
- In this instance (9. above), the Exhibitor is responsible for his / her own cash or credit card system.
- If the Exhibitor chooses the CONSIGNMENT space option, the Exhibitor is not required to man his / her stand and will not be allowed to receive payment for goods, from visitors. If the Exhibitor is seen to allow visitors to pay for goods at their stall, the exhibitor will be asked to leave the exhibition immediately, forfeit fees and will not be selected again.
- Exhibitors are required to share sales statistics with the Organisers, during and after the event. These statistics will include information pertaining to sales data, e.g., how many feet in your stall, total sales, best performing products, etc. This data will enable the Organisers to better their offering to both the stall holders and shoppers, as well as attract potential sponsors who want to team up with the Event.
- Trueblue Communication & Events will provide limited 24 hour perimeter guard security during the Event, but shall not be liable or responsible for any loss, theft or damage to the property of the Exhibitor, its employees or representatives.
- Further, Trueblue Communication & Events will not be liable for damage or injury to persons or property during the term of this Contract, from any cause whatsoever, by reason of the use or occupancy of the exhibit space by Exhibitor, its employees, representatives or assigns. The Exhibitor acknowledges that certain activities at the Event, especially during set-up and tear-down of the Event, can be dangerous, and the Exhibitor, on behalf of itself and each member of its exhibit staff, assumes such risk and waives any liability on the part of Trueblue Communication & Events and assumes all liability for such risk. If the Exhibitor’s materials fail to arrive, or if for causes beyond its control, the Exhibitor is prevented from using its space, the Exhibitor is nevertheless responsible for its space rental.
- The Exhibitor undertakes to maintain and have in effect at all times, suitable and sufficient insurance cover with a reputable insurance company in respect of any claims arising.
- In the case of the Trueblue Communication & Events having to cancel the event due to Government Regulations (e.g. COVID related), a full credit note will apply which will entitle the exhibitor to participate in the next event. If the event is not rescheduled within 2024 a full refund will be provided.
- Force Majeure. Trueblue Communication & Events shall not be liable for delays or errors occurring by reason of circumstances beyond its control, including but not limited to acts of civil or military authority, national emergencies, work stoppages, fire, flood, catastrophe, acts of God, insurrection, war, riot, or failure of communication or power supply.